- In Virginia, a reckless driving ticket is a Class 1 Misdemeanor. This mean that a conviction can impact your current job, your future employment, and any security clearances you have.
- You can be fined up to $2,500 dollars.
- You can lose six Virginia DMV demerit points.
- Your insurance costs can skyrocket.
- The tickets can cause you to temporarily lose your drivers license.
Is the Cost of a Lawyer Worth It?Our Virginia Beach traffic ticket lawyers have worked with many people who would have lost their jobs, their licenses, and a whole lot of money had they not hired us. While many other traffic-related tickets don't come with severe penalties, reckless driving does; and a reckless driving conviction in Virginia has the potential to have a profoundly negative impact on your life.
While you have the right to fight your Virginia reckless driving ticket on your own, are you prepared to deal with the consequences if you should fail? While it does cost money to hire a lawyer, a guilty verdict has the potential to cost you much more than the possible $2,500 fine.
With the help of an attorney, you have a good chance of either getting a verdict of not guilty or of getting the ticket reduced from reckless driving to improper driving. This infraction comes with a fine no higher than $500 and you will lose three—not six—DMV demerit points.
For experience you can trust, please call a Virginia Beach traffic ticket lawyer at 757.625.1214 and schedule your free consultation today. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.