- Driving more that 20 mph over the posted speed limit
- Driving over 80 mph, no matter the posted speed limit
- Driving in any way that a police officer deems dangerous
- Reckless or perceived dangerous driving in parking lots or driveways
- Failing to stop for a school bus with stop sign extended
- Street racing
- Driving any vehicle with faulty brakes
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Failing to give proper signals when making a move in traffic
Clearly, you can be given a reckless driving ticket for making nearly any move in traffic that a police officer decides is at all dangerous.
The Impact of a Reckless Driving Ticket in VirginiaIn Virginia, reckless driving tickets come with many possible consequences. The traffic offense is considered a Class 1 Misdemeanor, and carries the following potential punishments and repercussions:
- Up to 12 months in jail
- Up to a $2,500 fine
- Possible loss of Virginia driving privileges for up to six months
- Impounding of your vehicle
- Loss of employment or security clearance
- Negative impact on background checks to include those in the process of becoming a U.S. citizen
- 6 DMV demerit points
- Potential for loss of license for an extended period of time for commercial drivers
A ticket for reckless driving has the potential to ruin not only your driving record but your life as well. It is crucial that you take this ticket seriously and get legal help as soon as possible.
Getting Legal Help for a Virginia Reckless Driving TicketOur Virginia Beach traffic ticket attorneys are dedicated to your rights. You do not have to accept the punishments associated with a Virginia reckless driving ticket.
Do not let this ticket throw your life off track. Call 757.625.1214 today to speak with a Virginia Beach traffic ticket lawyer with the passion, and results, to help you fight your Virginia reckless driving citation.