When you need to retain an attorney to handle your slip and fall accident or other premises liability claim, it can feel as complicated and daunting as trying to figure out how filing your claim with the insurance company works. However, picking the right attorney for your case could be critical to the outcome of your claim.
Factors to Consider When Hiring a Premises Liability Attorney
When you are looking for an attorney, you can obtain referrals from friends, family, your state bar referral service, or through an internet search. It is important to research these attorneys on the internet and browse their websites for helpful information and client recommendations. Once you have narrowed your choices, you want to take advantage of most attorneys’ offer of a free consultation and schedule an appointment to interview them. Important considerations when deciding which lawyer is right for you includes:
- Experience. It is critical to hire an experienced premises liability attorney who handles many of these cases as part of his practice and has a track record of success in settling and trying these cases. He will understand the laws that apply to your case and the evidence you need to prove the business or property owner’s negligence.
- Communication. You need to select an attorney whom you can communicate with well and whom you trust. He should be accessible when you have questions about your case, explain things in a way you understand, and be committed to keeping you updated on progress in your case.
- Trial experience. While most premises liability claims settle before a jury trial, this is not always true. You need a lawyer who is not afraid to take your case to a jury trial if necessary and has successfully tried and settled these cases before.
- Costs. Before deciding on an attorney, you need to understand the attorney fees you will owe. Most attorneys handle these cases on a contingency fee basis.
- Network of experts. You may need to retain numerous experts for your case. You want a lawyer who has a network of qualified experts that can help you.
Our experienced premises liability attorneys have decades of experience fighting for the rights of victims of premises liability accidents. To learn more about our track record of success in these cases and your legal options, schedule a free consultation today. Just fill out our convenient online form.