Victims of auto accidents can suffer serious injuries or deaths when negligent drivers crash into the vehicles they are in. Even a “minor” rear-end collision can cause an injured person to suffer with chronic pain or long-term disabilities caused by a head injury. If you are hurt in a wreck caused by a negligent driver, you may have suffered one of the common injuries caused in these accidents. However, you may have to fight to obtain the compensation you deserve from the driver’s insurance company.
Did You Suffer One of These Common Injuries in Your Auto Accident?
While a person can suffer injuries to any body part in a crash, there are certain common ones that many victims suffer. These include the following:
- Brain and other head injuries. A brain or other head injury is one of the most common injuries in a car accident. These injuries can range from a mild concussion to a traumatic brain injury that causes long-term changes to the person’s memory, reasoning, emotions, vision, hearing, and other cognitive abilities.
- Neck and back injuries. Injuries to the back and neck can include strains, sprains, fractures, disc injuries, and whiplash. In some cases, the accident victim will go through months of treatments like physical therapy before a decision is made to perform surgery. Not all people make a full recovery, and they can suffer with life-long chronic pain and limitations in their mobility.
- Spinal cord injuries. Injuries to the spinal cord can be devastating because they can cause the victim to suffer partial to complete paralysis.
- Internal injuries. Chest injuries can be severe and can include rib fractures, internal bleeding, or internal organ damage, such as to the liver, lungs, or kidneys. These injuries often require immediate medical care because they can be life-threatening.
- Pelvic fractures. A person can suffer serious fractures to the pelvic area and hips. If he is elderly or in poor health, the victim may suffer additional complications from the surgery and during his recovery.
- Arm and leg injuries. Depending on the severity of the crash, a victim’s arms, legs, hands, or feet could be injured, with injuries ranging from contusions and bruises to broken bones and multiple fractures. In catastrophic wrecks, a person could suffer an amputation of one of these body parts.
You need a trusted attorney to help you obtain the compensation you are entitled to if you are injured in a car accident. Call our office today to schedule a consultation with a member of the legal team at Tavss Fletcher to get your questions answered and discuss your options for compensation.