As a motorcyclist, you know that most car drivers are not looking out for you. Because of this, avoiding an accident becomes your job, and in the age of distracted driving this can be nearly impossible.
Our Virginia Beach motorcycle accident lawyers have seen the terrible damage that cars can do. Too often, the driver of the car wasn't paying attention to the road and caused the accident. This driver behavior is not only dangerous, it's downright deadly.
Common injuries associated with a motorcycle accident include:
- Head injuries, which include concussions, traumatic brain injuries, and open head wounds.
- Broken bones and joints. The bones and joints most commonly broken in a motorcycle accident are those in the arms, legs, hands, pelvis, and shoulders.
- Crushing injuries, which occur when the body, an arm, or a leg is trapped or momentarily crushed between the bike and another object.
- Road rash, which can range from minor to severe. Severe road rash involves many layers of the skin and can even affect muscle tissue, nerves, and bone.
- Facial injuries. The most commonly injured part of the face is the chin and jaw area.
The True Cost of Your Injuries
If you have been hospitalized following a Virginia Beach motorcycle accident, you have already seen how quickly the medical bills pile up. Overwhelmed, you may be tempted to accept the first offer the insurance company gives you. Please, don't do it. Do not sign anything from the insurance company, either yours or the other person’s, without the advice of an experienced Virginia Beach personal injury attorney.
The insurance company wants to give you as little money as possible, even if it means leaving you without the money you need to pay your bills and get your life back on track. Don't fall for the tricks and traps that insurance companies are famous for. Call the law firm of Tavss Fletcher at (757) 625-1214 today to speak with an attorney who is ready and able to fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.