It may be a no-brainer to decide to retain an experienced truck accident attorney to file your claim for compensation following a truck collision. But how do you find a qualified lawyer out of the many that advertise their services in Norfolk? Here, we share three tips on how to find the best attorney for your case.
Tip #1: Obtain Referrals
It is important to know what you should look for when selecting your lawyer. You want to pick one who is experienced in handling truck accident cases because these claims are very different than car crash claims. Your attorney should have a track record of success in settling and trying these cases and have good communication skills. He should also be easy to reach when you have questions.
If you are like many people, you may not know any lawyers. You can get recommendations or referrals in these ways:
- Family, friends, or co-workers who have retained a truck accident attorney they liked
- A lawyer you have used in another type of legal matter
- State or local attorney bar association referral services
- Internet search
Tip #2: Research Your Choices
Once you have a list of potential candidates, you need to research them. You should check with your state bar association for any complaints or disciplinary actions. Then you should review their website for helpful articles, case results about success stories, and testimonials from other clients. You should also look for reviews on other sites, such as Google.
Tip #3: Conduct Interviews
Most lawyers offer a free initial consultation. Once you have narrowed your list, schedule interviews with your top attorneys. This is an opportunity for the lawyer to give you advice on your legal rights and what his approach would be to your case. It is also a chance for you to interview him to be certain that he is the best attorney for you.
You should come to your appointment with a list of questions. A few questions that you may want to ask include:
- How many truck accident cases have you handled?
- What was the outcome of these cases?
- How many cases have you taken to a jury trial? Did you win them?
- Who will be handling my case? If it is not you, can I meet this person?
- How do you prefer to communicate: email, phone, or in person?
- How long will it take you to respond if I have questions or want an update on my case?
- How much will you charge me for your attorney fees?
Contact Us to Schedule a Free Consultation
Are you looking for an attorney to represent you in your truck accident case? Take advantage of our free consultation to schedule an appointment with our experienced truck accident attorneys. Call our Norfolk office or fill out our convenient online form to schedule yours.