Types of Real Estate Dispute Cases

As a Virginia Beach real estate lawyer, I know that this area of law can be confusing. The variations on real estate dispute cases are nearly endless, and can involve anyone who owns a home or is buying, selling or renting a home or apartment.

In this article we will simply be reviewing the basic types of real estate disputes in Virginia. This article can help you decide if your issue is part of a real estate dispute and if an experienced Virginia Beach real estate attorney can help you make the right legal decisions.

The Most Common Types of Real Estate Lawsuits and Dispute Resolution Cases

Our Virginia Beach real estate dispute law firm commonly handles the following types of cases:
  • Boundary disputes between neighbors, such as fences, property line, etc.
  • Property rights and easement disputes
  • Trespassing claims
  • Lien disputes and wrongful liens, both commercial and residential
  • Joint owner disputes
  • Title disputes
  • Realtor and title company disputes
  • Condemning of a house or property
  • Commercial real estate disputes
  • Business contracts that involve property
  • Construction disputes
  • Lease disputes, both for landlords and tenants
  • Breach of contract
  • Collection remedies

While many of these types of real estate dispute cases can be solved quickly and relativity easily with dispute resolution measures, there are times when filing for a lawsuit is the only way to assert your rights and get the outcome you deserve.

Do You Need a Virginia Beach Real Estate Dispute Attorney?

If you are having a problem that involves real property, then it is advisable to speak with an experienced Virginia real estate attorney. Call 757.625.1214 today, and during your free initial consultation you will get advice as to the best way to proceed. Whether the next step is real estate litigation, dispute resolution, or negotiations, a Virginia Beach dispute resolution attorney at Tavss Fletcher can ensure that you make the right moves to protect your rights and your property.