It’s been almost a month since your botched procedure at Sentara. After a six-hour surgery, you awoke to discover that an error was made, and instead of removing your damaged ovary, the surgeon mistakenly removed the healthy one first, forcing him to remove them both. Now, you are forced to not only suffer through the excruciating abdominal pain the surgery left behind, but you must also suffer the pain of knowing you won’t be able to bear any children.
There is absolutely nothing worse than suffering a debilitating injury at the hands of someone you trusted, and then feeling as if there is nothing you can do about it. Not only are you in pain and financially troubled, but you also feel alone and depressed that you’ll never be able to get back to the life you had before the injury. All of these feelings are completely natural, and you’re not alone. Thousands of malpractice victims feel exactly the same way, and instead of fighting to get their lives back, they try to take comfort in the fact that they couldn’t do anything about it.
That’s where they’re wrong.
What an Experienced Malpractice Lawyer Can Do for You
Contacting an experienced lawyer will not only help give you an edge when filing for malpractice compensation, it will also allow you to connect with someone who knows what you’re going through, knows your frustrations and concerns, and will fight, tooth and nail, to make sure you get the justice you need to get your life back.
Malpractice attorneys can:
- Research, gather and establish the necessary documentation and evidence needed to help secure your claim.
- Help set up a durable power of attorney. Without a durable power of attorney, no one has the legal authority to make medical decisions on your behalf if you’re incapacitated or unable to communicate. An experienced lawyer can help change that by establishing a durable power of attorney instrument.
- Help you file your claim and combat any unforeseen tricks that insurance companies may throw up to reject, delay, or reduce your settlement.
- Provide support, encouragement, and a listening ear throughout the entirety of your case, to ensure you’re well informed, your needs are being met, and you’re confident about your settlement options.
- Fight and argue on your behalf in order to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
- Give you the courage, morale, comfort and security that comes with knowing you’re not alone.
When a medical professional makes a negligent mistake, he not only compromises his integrity and reputation, he alters your entire life. Don’t allow him to get away with it merely because you think there’s nothing you can do to stop it. Let us fight to make sure he is held responsible for his negligence and that you receive the justice you are owed. Contact us today to discuss your case with an experienced, and highly motivated, malpractice attorney.
Do you know someone who may need our help? Feel free to share this page on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus, to show your friends and family that they don’t have to needlessly suffer alone. We’ll have their backs.