Being involved in a Norfolk auto accident can be a devastating and life changing event. Injuries sustained in an accident can create lifelong complications.
Auto accidents can go well be on the physical damages of the body. Norfolk car accidents can also cause great monetary damages as well. A victim of an auto accident can recover financial losses through a Virginia car accident lawsuit.
A car accident victim who has suffered a financial loss may be entitled to recover:
- Medical expenses – This includes expenses such as emergency room expenses, hospital stays, doctor visits, chiropractic care, massage, and pain medications, to name a few.
- Future medical expenses – Any continuing medical expenses due to an accident can be recovered.
- Pain and suffering – Pain and suffering damages include physical pain resulting from your injury. The damages are based on the severity of the pain and how long you will likely be in pain.
- Mental anguish – Any type of mental or emotional distress you suffer as a result of an accident can also be claimed. An experienced accident attorney will help determine and fight for what is a fair and reasonable amount.
- Lost Wages – Wages that would have been earned from the time of injury to the settlement or judgment may be recovered. Future wages due to the loss of earning capacity may also be recovered.
- Property damage – Damages to property that were caused by the accident can be recovered.
If you have been injured in a car accident it is important that you seek legal advice to help you obtain financial losses. To get the compensation you deserve, contact an experienced Virginia car accident lawyer at Tavss Fletcher. Call 757-625-1214 today for a free legal consultation.