When you are seriously injured due to a dangerous condition on a property owner’s or business’ property, it can be overwhelming dealing with your injuries, your medical treatment, and your monthly bills when you are not working. Trying to negotiate your own settlement with the owner’s insurance company can add stress to an already stressful situation—and can lead to you receiving less than you deserve in a settlement. An experienced premises liability attorney can take this burden off your shoulders so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries. In addition, he can ensure that your rights are protected when settling your claim.
How a Skilled Attorney Can Help You Receive What You Deserve
Slip and fall accident and other premises liability are much more complex than you may realize. Proving the negligent party’s fault in causing your accident is not easy. You will be at a serious disadvantage if you do not hire an experienced premises liability attorney. Here’s how a lawyer can assist you:
- Investigate your accident. An attorney who has settled and tried many premises liability cases will understand what kinds of evidence you will need to prove the at-fault party’s negligence and the seriousness of your injuries. He will conduct a thorough investigation of your accident and collect evidence, such as the accident report, photographs, witness statements, and medical records, which proves your right to compensation. If necessary, he can retain expert witnesses that can help you to win your case.
- Identify liable parties. Identifying who is responsible for compensating you can be complicated if more than one party was at fault or the business where you were injured rented its property rather than owned it. A lawyer can determine who can be held accountable as part of his investigation and file claims with all of the parties on your behalf.
- Value your claim. An attorney with a track record of success trying and settling premises liability claims will be able to value how much you should receive for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering in your settlement.
- Negotiate your settlement. Settling a premises liability claim often involves complex negotiations and resolving disputes raised by the insurance company in an effort to deny or reduce your claim. An experienced premises liability attorney will have strategies to resolve these disputes based on his experience in other cases.
- File a lawsuit. If the insurance company refuses to be reasonable in settlement negotiations, your attorney can file a lawsuit on your behalf before the statute of limitations expires and can litigate your case. It is important to hire a lawyer who both settles and tries these cases.
Contact Us for Help
Our skilled premises liability attorneys are here to assist you if you or a loved one were injured in a premises liability accident. Fill out our online form today to schedule your free initial consultation to learn about our experience in these cases and how we will fight for the compensation that you deserve.