Have you been the victim of medical malpractice?
It is actually more common than most people would think. It is likely that you or one of your loved ones will be injured due to medical malpractice. There are many types of medical malpractice and medical injuries can be caused by negligence by a wide number of medical practitioners. In fact, over 40,000 people are injured every day due to medical negligence in the United States.
Unfortunately, many people are unaware that they have the right to take legal action against the health care provider that caused the injury. Sadly, only two percent of those who are injured by a medical professional will file a claim.
Some of the health care professionals who can be named in a medical malpractice claim are:
- Doctors and nurses. Doctors have a great deal of interaction with sick patients. They are usually the first line of defense against ailments. They have the responsibility to provide their sick patients with an acceptable level of care.
- Dentists and orthodontists. Dentist and orthodontists only treat teeth and gums, yet a lot can go wrong. They are still responsible for the treatment that they provide and sending their patients home in a safe manner.
- Therapists. Therapists are usually used for care after the doctors have done their initial exams and referred them out. A therapist may overdo the amount of therapy or may perform the wrong type of therapy altogether.
- Pharmacists. A pharmacist is responsible for providing the patient with the correct medicine in the correct amount. Failing to do this can result in severe consequences for the patient—including death.
- Surgeons. Surgeons play an important role in maintaining healthy Americans. They are also the most likely to be sued in a medical malpractice suit.
If you have think you have been the victim of medical malpractice it is important to become well informed. You can find more information regarding medical malpractice by simply clicking one of the related links.